Sunday, April 13, 2008

this one's for all you sweethearts out there...

...let's go buf-fa-lo!

Ollie went way over the top this Christmas and bought us two of the greatest seats for last Saturday's Sabres-Bruins game at the Garden. What can I say, we're dinks!

It was Numminen's first game of the season.

I'm going to bore you non-hockey fans with the details, but my-oh-my was it fun! We've sat on the glass before, but behind the bench? Amazing. Amazing and very distracting. I could not focus on the game, because I was so focused on what was going on at the bench, watching the players interact with the coaches, line changes--it was all so fun.

Despite the fact that the Sabres were out of contention for the playoffs, Vanek's natural hat trick made the night even more fun, and I was lucky enough to snag a sweaty towel from the bench. I use it at the gym everyday!


I was trying to catch the guys coming out of the tunnel, all I got was footage of my towel!
Don't worry, I washed it.

In knitting news, things are moving along nicely on Evan's gifts. Much of my knitting is confined to the T, bus, and tv watching after class, so progress can be slow. Fortunately, this blankie is knit in a bulky gauge yarn which hides imperfections, and knits up quickly. Daphne approves!

Heaven Mini Baby Blanket knit in Plymouth Heaven

I keep resolving to knit for myself as soon as these gifts are done, but Ollie shared our flickr pics with the fam and my FIL discovered that I'm still not knitting the argyle socks he requested a year ago! My fear of seaming has got me thinking of trying intarsia in the round with Lucia's pattern generator.

Sadly, I'm light on adventures as finals are looming. Ollie on the other hand has an action packed adventure coming up; his annual coachella pilgrimage! It really grinds my gears that I can't go. Last year I missed Arcade Fire! Travis! Björk! This year I'm missing Prince! Prince! And I'm certain that by the time I'm finished with law school and can go, the lineup will stink like bonnaroo, and I won't want to go anyway! Pouty much?!

No comments: