Friday, January 16, 2009

O HAI!

now you know how to greet people in lolspeak!

I say this because clearly we are terrible bloggers. But I have an excuse. Well not really an excuse, but a reason I guess. I've been playing around on flickr (and twitter and facebook) so much, that I've lost my blogging mojo, like there's nothing to say that hasn't been said. I didn't even do christmas cards this year.

I have to say though, that as someone who never kept a diary or a journal, the 365 project has turned out to be a lot of fun. I've met some amazingly fun and kind and funny souls (online and in real life!) and have a sweet photojournal of my year thus far. I'm really glad I started it.

2008 Roundup! We survived finals and the holidaze. Clio for thanksgiving with the in-laws, Christmas with Eoin and Susan and Festivus with the restofus before we all got back to the grind. I
t was a blast, we'll definitely do it annually. Ollie went ALL OUT.

shrimp canapé
shrimp canapé from Martha's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook

Now, sadly, we're back to the grind. The vespa's out of commission and winter classes are in session. Sigh. But on the knitting front, I'm THIS close to seaming the shoulders on my CPH! WOOT!

365.146 (CPH)
Now on to the sleeves....

I managed to eek out a few holiday gifts, (some of which sadly still haven't been delivered so they can't be named here) and a lovely pair of handwarmers for myself (new year means trying to knit fer mahself!) SUCH an easy project, I highly recommend it, and will definitely be making more.

365.129 (merry christmas to me)
fingerless mitts from weekend knitting in Oasis Farm Fingering

Up next? The Pants & Ollie Weight Loss Challenge!TM Ollie joined a weight loss challenge at work and I've decided to kick his ass. So far, notsomuch, but we're headed back to Isla Mujeres (East Emmy Lou Harris for those who can't understand my mumbling) for spring break in march and I am DETERMINED to be comfortable in a swimsuit. So if you run into him, offer him a beer, a basket of fries, ANYTHING that will help me win, and if you can prove you did it, I'll knit ya somethin' real nice. REAL nice.





No comments: